Finally a writing conference I can attend by taking the Tube 😊
It's so inspiring to meet with other authors, to take the pulse of the publishing industry and to bask in the glory of thousands of books. Books everywhere! It’s like a hundred bookstores all in one place!
During these three pretty intense days, I was delighted to meet with:
- Özge Gozturk: the fantastic Turkish author who writes mesmerizing speculative thrillers (and is a kind and wonderful human being to boot) @OzgeGztrk
- Mark Dawson: the energetic thriller author @pbackwriter who also helps authors to self-publish
- Joanna Penn: @thecreativepenn who has a wealth of resources online for writers (I was a bit star struck when I met her, I’m afraid. Note to self: try to be cooler J)
- J. Ross: the absolutely lovely mystery thriller author @LJRoss_author who despite having 11 best sellers treated me with the utmost kindness and simplicity.
- Rachel Abbott: the writer who set me on the self-publishing path in 2017 @RachelAbbott and who I was really happy to see again and to talk to at the KDP booth.
Check them out if you get the chance, they’re definitely worth a look!